CURRENTLY SEEKING: VINYASA YOGA TEACHERS
Tiny Buddha Yoga studios are heated vinyasa studios in Ann Arbor, Michigan. We focus on creating a supportive yet challenging environment for students to breathe, stretch and sweat in. Our strong community is fundamental to the vibe at our studios, which we cultivate through teacher and student connections. We work together to expand every student's practice through teaching alignment, pranayama (breathwork), and dhyana (contemplation, self-reflection). Each class is a safe space to dive deep into self, into our bodies, and also to be playful on that lifelong journey. We smile and get back up when we fall out of poses, knowing that we're stronger than we sometimes think. Our teachers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing a diverse skill set to our schedule. Do you want to teach in a supportive and vibrant atmosphere? Come share your practice with us!
We are looking for a few new teachers to join our community as we expand our current schedule. We are seeking teachers for Hot Vinyasa, Blend Vinyasa, and Slow Burn classes. We also offer Ashtanga, Yin Restorative, and HIIT Vinyasa which we may need subs for. Please see our website (TinyBuddhaYoga.com) for complete class descriptions. We offer classes everyday at two studios: Campus (338 1/2 South State St) and Pauline (1717 Pauline Blvd). Some 6:45-7:45am weekday availability is a serious plus. Compensation is based on teaching experience. We offer benefits of an unlimited class pass and discounts at Tiny Buddha Boutique, our selection of yoga clothing.
EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL OF OUR TEACHERS:
- Yoga Alliance RYT-200 Certified
- Comfortable teaching group vinyasa style classes
- Arrive a minimum of 15 minutes before a class to check in students and get to know them and any injuries they may have. Stay 15 minutes after class to address any questions about the class
- Promote studio events and workshops by announcing them to students
- Use Mind Body software to check-in students, purchase class packages, etc.
- Assume responsibility for your class schedule, minimizing need for substitutions, but coordinating them as needed
- Develop appropriate music playlists for classes (we can offer guidance and examples)
- Safely offer verbal and physical alignment adjustments
- Be open-minded, respectful and compassionate towards all who teach and practice with us
TO APPLY: Come visit for a class. If you think you'd find a happy home in our wild tribe, email us at TinyBuddhaYoga@gmail.com about your interest and availability and we can setup a time for a demo class. Please use "Yoga Teacher Application, YOUR NAME" in the subject line of your email.